Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Autumn Leaves...

drift by my window, those autumn leaves, of red and gold.

Ahh, I used to sing that with hubby playing guitar.  So lovely and melancholy...autumn leaves evoke something within us, whether it is the joy of seeing the  gorgeous transition of color from spring and summer's bright green to the total opposite side of the color wheel, or the knowledge that another season is passing and time is inevitably marching on.  Whatever stirrings they provoke within you, they tend to be a jewelry artist's inspiration throughout all seasons.

My neighbor's beautiful tree.

Since starting my clay journey this past year...polymer and metal...I am always on the lookout for cool, unique stampings or carvings to design around.  There are so many pre-made rubber stamps and design plates to choose from, but the problem is they are in the common realm for all to choose, you they end up in lots of different artists' designs.   This autumn, I decided to walk around the garden and choose a few leaves to try and duplicate for my personal, unique use.





I used my mold putty to make some impressions.




I used some polymer clay to make the reverse side.  Don't laugh at my little hat shapes!

My favoite one.

Here are some impressions I made on some polymer clay I had on my table.  I definitely want to use these on some metal clay soon!


4 comments :

  1. I love making leaf impressions - perfect activity for Fall. Nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too, you got some beautiful impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful impressions - really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. I love it. I would never have thought of using the little hats to create different impressions. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.