Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Metal Addiction!



Last time, I showed you my personal collection of glass art beads!  Today, I'm going to show you my metal addiction!

These first charms are from Nancy Adams (Round Rabbit) - she did these quite awhile ago, I don't even know if she etches metal anymore!

 This next piece is a prized possession!  My boyfriend purchased it for me from Staci Smith of Staci Louise Originals, at Berks Bead Bazaar when I wasn't looking!  He saw me admiring it and bought it secretly! I am afraid I can't do it justice, so I haven't made myself anything with it yet!

 This next bead is a day of the dead barrel bead from Anne Choi - I do have another barrel bead from Anne with a quotation on it, but can't find it at the moment.  I know it's in my stash.

 These charms are from Jade Scott - it's a wonder I have any of these!  Usually when she has a shop update, they fly out the door and you're just too late.  Again, I have a few more little baby charms, but they are in another container somewhere!

 Although LeAnn Weih of Summers Studio mostly makes ceramics, she also makes metal clay beads.  I have a small obsession with all her beads, but these are the metal ones I have.  My faves are the turtle and the hollow nugget beads.  I'm sure the nuggets are very hard to make! She hasn't been making beads of late, so I feel lucky to have such a collection!
 Next up, metal charms and headpins from Andrew Thornton!  He dabbles in many things, but I particularly like his owl charms! Andrew also has a brick and mortar shop in Ligonier, near me, so I'm lucky I get to see him from time to time.  He just had a grand opening of a new location for his shop, I need to get up there to see it!
 These charms are all from our very own AJE member Kristi Bowman-Gruel - when I used to make jewelry for shows, I did a lot of buying and trading with her!  These are some of the things I have left! These are by no means the extent of the collection I have from Kristi, either!
 And finally, charms and headpins from our own AJE member Lesley Watt of Thea Elements.  I love hearts, in case you couldn't tell, and I absolutely love the headpins.  I haven't used them yet either, because I'm afraid if I mess them up, they will be gone forever!

 I hope you enjoyed the little tour of my metal beads!  These tours are actually helping me, because it is forcing me to organize some things before I forget who made them! 

Susan Kennedy
SueBeads etsy
SueBeads web site


7 comments :

  1. Thats quite a stash you have. I makes me feel a little less guilty about hoarding the good stuff as I dont know what to do with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection, what fantastic taste you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stash! I wish I could have met you when I came to PA to visit Andrew! I have a few of your pretties in my dragon's hoard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a little blast from the past for me, some pieces there I haven't seen in years! Fun to take a tour of your Metal Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash! I had fun viewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, I enjoyed your post today. You have an enviable stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great stash! I want to come over and play.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.