Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hearts, Hearts and more Hearts!

'Tis the season!  It is February,and there are hearts everywhere!  Valentine's Day cards, heart-shaped doughnuts, cookies and candy...Love is in the air!  Why, just 2 weeks ago, even I got in the spirit, and debuted my COM for February, fluttery hearts!



Now I am working on more, in polymer clay.  Here are my first experiments!  I found a cool tutorial on Pinterest to help me in shaping.  In fact there are loads of polymer clay tutorials on Pinterest that I am dying to try out...1 day at a time ;)


Not bad for a first attempt, although I got a bit heavy handed on the gilder's paste!  These just need to be sealed and then they will be headed to my etsy shop!

I know from polling my AJE team mates when I was starting my fluttery heart creation that not everyone likes pink and red hearts, hence my use of blue, gray, white, purple and more...  But I still love the tradtional colors as well!  Here are some of my favorites by my friends here at AJE!

I borrowed this from Jen Cameron's FB page as I fell in love with them...get them listed, Jen!

What about you? Do you "heart" hearts?

Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.

2 comments :

  1. I do find myself doing hearts a lot, mostly because they are easy to cut out (particularly for someone like me who can't draw!) and they are already such a strong symbol, that just adorning them with a pattern or even just a color is enough to create an interesting focal or charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hearts because they can be used year round. You've got some great examples up there!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.