Best wishes to all! I hope the holidays were filled with friends and family, festivities and fun. The calendar draws to a close, and I am amazed to find 2014 around the corner! And with it - the January Component of the Month.
We have been posting this week or so about techniques we tried, and liked in 2013. For me - it was keeping the mix in mixed media pieces! I love paper, images, text, resin, clay, metal... you get the idea... I made a batch of ceramic pieces, open back bezels for Beadfest in August, and wanted to do more... So here is the journey in pictures to our first CoM of 2014:
I found this antique buckle in an antique store in Austin TX. Don't quite remember when - I was there visiting family... That same trip I found a tiny, old, decrepit dictionary. The two were destined to go together...
|The old and the new.|
I love wearing a word, as a message, a talisman, that is known to you, small and secret. You can choose to reveal it to others when you are wearing it.
Would you like to start off 2014 with a bit of inspiration? With a creative challenge? With one of these pendants on your work table?
There will be three available to AJE blog readers!
Here's how it works (please read carefully)…
- I will giveaway 1 mixed media frame pendant to each of 3 winners selected randomly from those who leave comments below this post by midnight, Monday - December 30th 2013.
- Please include your EMAIL address in your comment so that I can contact you ASAP should you win.
- I will surprise you with a selection from this batch of pendants. No two colors or words will be exactly the same.
- Please (PLEASE) only leave a comment if you can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it on the reveal date.
- The names of the 3 winners will be announced on Wednesday, January 1st, 2014!
- The blog reveal will be on Friday, January 31, 2014.