Sunday, November 3, 2013

Making Beads, an Update on the New Studio, and Other Stuff

I've been slowly getting ready for the holidays with various ideas for beads. Still haven't thought through what I want to do for ornaments. Not sure I will do any this year. Hmm...

Anyway, here's just a few photos of what I've been up to...Making BEADS, lots of them. I'm making a series of "Holiday Birds". I'm pretty excited about them. 

I'm also working on a set of Chanukah beads, here is a dreidel bead, one of the beads in the set...


And... a new Owlie bead! Meet Owlie Chick... I think he is pretty cute, don't you?








I've also been watching over the building of the new studio. Still so much to do! 

We've had to make a LOT of revisions... and some of the costs have exceeded our budget a bit (doesn't it always go that way??? sigh). But we've been constantly reminding ourselves it is "just a studio", to try to keep our eye on the ball and keep it SIMPLE.

Here's the latest floor plans:






I noticed out back that several cobblestones had been dug up and were laying around. This area is full of cobblestones, smoothly worn stones from the glaciers that used to be here. Some are quite large. They look like dinosaur eggs!




Last week or so, I found an enormous mushroom near the cabin. It was about the size of a pie!


What incredible color and texture!


I decided to remove it so I flipped it over ("TIMBER!!!"). The underside is so amazing. 


That's it for news - other than the wind storm blowing through here the past couple of days. Sounds like waves crashing on a shore. Just amazing.

7 comments :

  1. Wow! Your going to have a lot of room in your new studio. I have a bench set up in the dining room by the table and a corner of the living room. It works but I do dream....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress on the studio dreams! I love it! Those rocks are so awesome. Would be fun to paint them like little prehistoric relics unearthed. Your owlie is adorable and I look forward to your holiday birds. I am still working on mine. And cool shroom! I learned from a client who is a mushroom lover that you can flip them over onto paper and leave it overnight to take a spore print. They are cool! Google it! They use it for identifying them. I made a limited edition spore pendant for her and that reminds me of the making of that series. Thanks for sharing your happenings! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so productive! I love that new owl bead! What a cutie! Great outdoor panorama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live in your "just a studio!" I can hardly wait to see the final results. I love the owlie bead. Before becoming disabled, one of the types of animals I worked with were various owl species. Then when I was completely bed bound for over 2 years, I watched live streaming of a wild owl couple raise two clutches (group of eggs/group of babies) and there was a wonderful community following these owls and they were really an emotional life saver when I was up at all hours of the night in pain. By the way, owl babies are called "owlets," not chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is going to be awesome for you!!!! Oh and you know how I feel about that new owlet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. I am super jealous of your studiohouse.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.