Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I have a Tool too!

Yesterday Francesca did an awesome post on how she cares for her tools.  It is funny to think that in beadweaving we have "tools" but being that they are needle, thread, sissors and what I used to use for clipping threads. nail clippers.

A while back a friend posted this picture and her desire to possess this tool!
LOOK at that cool tip!

Berkley Hot Line Cutter!  A tool!  And not just any tool.  I use fireline in all my stitching and frankly it wreakes havoc on any cutting impliment.  So you know I began to drool very quickly.  

Was this tool within my budget?  YES!!!  How awesome is that.

So happily awaiting my new tool and stalking of UPS guy was in order.  It came and I frantically opened the package and (this time) read through all the instructions.  Put in the batteries and yippie a red hot burning tip!!!

Although it does go through batteries fairly quickly I would not trade my tool for any thing. It trims close to the beadwork which is awesome.  But slight warning do not have your finger close to the tip when you are holding your thread.  OUCH!

See Beadweavers can have tools too!!!!!

Kristen

11 comments :

  1. "Beadweavers can have tools too!!!!!" – That's so adorable. XD <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute! And best of all I turned a "manly" tool into a girly one!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so I am not the only one who stalks the UPS driver!! Sounds like an indispensable tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool - or should I say hot...that looks like a nifty little gadget Kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Tool Kristin! Is it anything like the 'thread zapper' (Only a bit better for certain things?) I'm asking because when I knot my bracelets with certain synthetic waxed jewelry cords, I can 'zap' the ends and I don't need glue - it's awesome and if this does what that does only a bit better - I'm all in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cauterizes the thread so I would say it is a zapper! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh - I just looked again - it's cutters, not zappers, right? It looked like a hot thread melting tool, and since you mentioned batteries, that's what I thought it was. It still looks really cool though!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.